- Model Year
- Images show some of the many possible variations of Brompton
Brompton's unique bicycle is one of the most ingenious folding bikes available. Based on a hinged frame with 16 inch wheels, the bike is self supporting and incredibly compact when folded. The 5-step folding process takes a matter of seconds.
Manufactured in the UK, the modular Brompton design has remained fundamentally unchanged since the original patent was filed in 1979. That doesn't mean to say they've rested on their laurels; they continue to make small changes to keep improving the bike.
Small enough to keep in a cupboard or under the desk, the Brompton is so compact when folded that it is one of the only folding bikes that can be taken on the bus, train or London Underground, giving you ultimate mobility around any city. Or pop it in the boot of the car, and always have the option to go for a ride, wherever you are.
Brompton offer the ability to completely customise your bike to what you need. Listed below are the different options you have for customizing your bike. Not sure what you need? Get in touch and we'll be happy to assist.
Brompton also have an excellent Bike Builder on their website that will walk you through all the different options. Select what you want, write down the code it gives you, and bring that in to us and we can instantly retrieve your custom build.
- Handlebar Type
- Choose from 4 different handlebar options depending on rider height and riding style - S, M, H and P.
- 4 different gearing options depending on what terrain you need to tackle: 1, 2, 3 or 6 speeds.
- Fit mudguards to protect you from the weather, and a rack to increase your carrying capacity and stability when folded.
- Choose from 3 different tyre options:
Schwalbe Marathon Racer (standard)
Schwalbe Kojak (Narrower, lighter and faster)
Schwalbe Marathon (Best puncture protection)
- Primary Colour
- Pick the colour that suits you best!
- Extremities Colour
- Fork, stem and rear triangle colour can be selected seperately from the main frame; or keep it the same for a unified look!
- Superlight Titanium
- Choose the Superlight to replace the rear triangle and front fork with Titanium versions for extra weight saving.
- Gear Range
- Legs like Chris Froome? Or do you need a little help on the hills? Switch the front chainring to change the overall gear ratios to give you a little extra. +8% or -12%.
- Different seatposts for different rider heights. Standard, Extended or Telescopic.
- A range of saddles to choose from: Brompton Standard, Wide or Brooks B17 Leather, in men's and women's versions.
- Suspension Block
- The suspension block in the rear triangle smooths out the bumps in the road. Standard or Firm depending on rider weight.
- Out in the dark? Brompton has you covered. Neatly integrated USB rechargeable battery lights from Cateye can be fitted as standard. Or, the choice of Shimano or SON dynamo hubs and lighting so you never need to worry about charging.
- Luggage Block
- Brompton's integrated luggage block allows you to attach a massive range of bags and accessories to the front of the bike to easily carry everything you need.
As with any product, specification is subject to change without prior notification. You are advised to confirm current specification before buying.