WorkshopWhether you use your bike for recreation, commuting or competing, ensuring that it is well-maintained is vital to enjoying your cycling.
As a Shimano Service Centre, we are trusted by the largest bicycle parts manufacturer in the world to provide the very highest quality of cycle repair. You never have to worry about reliability or safety.
Alongside our specialist knowledge of all things Shimano, our workshop is also fully accredited to service all parts of Brompton bicycles, including the Brompton Electric. We can service most major brands of e-bike motor systems, including Bosch, Yamaha, Fazua, E-Motion and others.
When you book your bike in with us, our mechanics will complete a full assessment of your bike and give recommendations to the level of servicing and parts required, with a no-obligation quote.
We offer 3 different levels of service:
- Adjust pad position, cable tension, brake balance;
- Check for wear and replace pads and inner cables if appropriate;
- Check brake lever function;
- Check brake surface wear on rims for rim brakes;
- Reset pistons and calliper alignment for disc brakes.
- Check derailleur position, check gear hanger alignment;
- Check for wear and replace chain and inner cables if appropriate;
- Index gears, ensuring gear shift is smooth and accurate;
- Check shift levers function;
- Lubricate chain and pivots of derailleurs.
- Tyres & Tubes:
- Check for wear, replace if appropriate and inflated to correct pressure.
- Handlebars and stem:
- Aligned correctly, controls are securely in place; replace grips or tape if appropriate.
- Safety check:
- Full inspection of the bike making sure all bolts are tightened correctly;
- Frame is in good condition and alignment OK;
- Bike meets British safety standard for use on the road.
- Test ride:
- Bike is taken for a short test ride to ensure there are no issues and functions properly following the completion of the service;
- Check that any reported problems are resolved.
Silver £60*Everything in the Bronze service, plus;
- Replacement of inner and outer cables if appropriate.
- Replacement of cassette, chainrings, inner and outer cables if appropriate.
- Bearings and cups checked for wear and replace if appropriate;
- Re-grease and tighten to spec;
- Check steering moves freely without play.
- Bottom Bracket:
- Bearings and cups checked for wear and replaced if appropriate;
- Threaded bottom brackets checked for thread condition and chased if appropriate;
- Re-grease and tighten to spec;
- Check cranks move freely without play.
- Rims checked for wear, true and dish;
- Wheels trued to higher than British standard for run-out in lateral and vertical true;
- Up to 3 spokes replaced per wheel if appropriate, more than 3 will result in the need to replace or rebuild the wheel (charged separately);
- Wheel dished to ensure it is running centrally in frame;
- Hub bearings checked for wear, replaced if appropriate and re-greased;
- Hub bearings adjusted to run freely without play;
- Freehub body checked for wear and replaced if appropriate.
Gold £100*Everything in Bronze and Silver services, plus;
- Bike stripped down to bare frame and forks;
- Frame and forks thoroughly cleaned;
- Bottom bracket and headset interfaces inspected and cleaned; external surfaces faced if appropriate.
- Brake callipers thoroughly cleaned; re-fitted to frame and set up.
- Gears :
- Derailleurs, chain, cassette and chainset thoroughly cleaned in Smartwasher;
- Re-fitted to frame and re-indexed.
- Re-greased and adjusted if applicable.
- Wheels thoroughly cleaned;
- Hub internals stripped out and cleaned, replaced and re-greased;
- Hub bearings adjusted to run freely without play.
- Commuter bike used every day: Serviced every 6 months, particularly before/after winter.
- Road bikes: Service every 12 months.
- Mountain bikes used for light trail and XC: Service every 12 months.
- Full suspension mountain bikes used for all-mountain or downhill riding: Serviced every 6 months. Suspension serviced every 12 months.
- Electric bikes: Service every 12 months.
On top of our general servicing, we also offer a fixed-price list of individual jobs depending on your needs. Rather than spending 100's on the tools required for pressing in a new headset or bottom bracket, we can take care of it for you! Take a look at our price list below. It's not an exhaustive list, and we can and have tackled some quite esoteric jobs, so if there's something specific you need doing that you don't see here please get in touch.Repairs Pricelist* *Please note that all costs do not include replacement parts.